Skiing with views of the Caucus Summits, The highest mountain range in Europe, with amazing power and easy access from Gudari resort with lifts up to 3300m. The highest local summit of Mount Kazbek 5047m is accessible from the ski area and has a useable hut for a summit push. What could be better.
Gudauri is the largest ski resort in Georgia and has a ski are that offers the biggest ski drop of any ski resort in the country. The possibilities for off piste and ski touring are immense. The skiing can be ideal for big steady descents or more spicy steeper drops. The terrain can allow quick access to a huge number of off piste drops off a modern ski resort. 1300m descents off lifts from 3300m to 2000m. The town itself is one of the highest (2700m) permanent settlements in Europe and is based on an old military road ‘The Sky Ravine Road’. The Southern ski slopes have a length of 57km. The daily ski pass is $12.
Off Piste (freeriding) and ski touring is possible all alround the resort and on the nearby western and eastern slopes of the Chrdili and Bidara Mountains along with the Northern slopes of Sadzele mountain in the Kobi Ravine. There are many established off piste and ski touring routes and endless other possibilities to discover your own quiet space.
- As Gudari is very high it keeps the snow lighter and powder skiing longer
- There are no queues for lifts except in holidays
- You can stay in the resort no need to travel to the mountains each day. Average price £30-40 per night half board
- The historic town of Tblisi is 2.5hrs drive away and nearest airport.
- Lots of cafes, bars, nightclubs and spas.
- Ski pass $50 for a week
- Fly to Tbilisi (Saturday to Sunday) then transfer by hire car/bus to Guduari. Due to the flight arriving early in the airport there is time this day to go for a quick ski around the resort to check out the off piste.
- Ski Off piste and Ski Tour for 5 further days.
- Travel back to Tbilisi with time to take in some of the sights of the old town before flying home.